- This update is now available for manual download. Go to Download Center and select the patch for your model.
- The update is expected to be available for all regions within the next few weeks, although the time of release in each region may vary slightly.
- This update will restart your Synology NAS.
- sMedio DTCP Move will not be supported on DSM 6.2.2.
- If MariaDB 5 is not installed and the built-in MySQL port is selected for a firewall rule, users will have to enable the option again.
What's New in DSM 6.2.2
- Added the new Smart Update function and adjusted the update mechanism of DSM.
- IHM now supports 14TB IronWolf and IronWolf Pro drives.
- Added firmware update function of SAS controller on certain SAS models.
- Added knowledge base article recommendations in the Support Center to help users with easy troubleshooting.
- Domain users can now change their passwords upon DSM login when their passwords expire.
- Added support for Integrated Windows Authentication.
- Added support for Google LDAP services.
- Added the new Low-Capacity Write function, which resumes LUNs from read-only status temporarily when a volume is running out of space.
- Users can now select which advanced features to enable during iSCSI LUN creation.
- Adjusted the warning mechanism in iSCSI Manager for insufficient volume space.
- Users can now set up trigger time for snapshot retention policies in iSCSI Manager.
- Users can now configure date and time formats in their personal account settings.
- Supports SSD compatibility check on XS and FS series models.
- Adjusted the notification mechanism for bad sectors.
- Improved the calculating accuracy of SSD cache hit rate.
- Users can now get a Let's Encrypt certificate automatically upon adding a new Synology DDNS.
- Changed notification badges from numbers to red dots and modified display rules.
- Fixed an issue where usage history may not show in Resource Monitor on certain models.
- Fixed an issue where files cannot be re-uploaded after being deleted on macOS 10.13.
- Fixed an issue where encrypted Excel files cannot be opened in Microsoft Office 2016 simultaneously on multiple macOS devices.
- Shortened the time needed when domain or LDAP users log in to DSM via AFP.
- Improved the stability of mounting exFAT external devices (exFAT package required).
- Improved the stability of NFS protocol connection.
- Improved the stability of Snapshot Replication when moving a large number of directories.
- Enhanced the stability of Btrfs file system under certain high I/O loading conditions.
- Enhanced vulnerabilities protection from KPTI to Spectre and Meltdown Protection for improved security. Applied models: 18-Series : DS218+, DS418play, DS718+, DS918+, DS1618+, DS3018xs, RS2418+, RS2418RP+, RS2818RP+, FS1018, 19-Series : DS1019+, DS1819+, DS2419+, RS1619xs+
- Fixed multiple security vulnerabilities regarding Linux kernel (CVE-2017-13168, CVE-2018-19824, CVE-2017-15649, CVE-2018-14634, CVE-2018-17182, CVE-2018-10853).
- Fixed multiple security vulnerabilities regarding OpenSSL (CVE-2018-0732, CVE-2018-0737, CVE-2019-1559, CVE-2018-0734, CVE-2018-5407).
- Fixed multiple security vulnerabilities regarding Spectre & Meltdown (Synology-SA-18:01).
- Fixed multiple security vulnerabilities regarding OpenSSH (CVE-2019-6109, CVE-2019-6110, CVE-2019-6111, CVE-2018-20685).
- Fixed a security vulnerability regarding SQLite (Synology-SA-18:61).
- Fixed multiple security vulnerabilities regarding Samba (Synology-SA-18:47, Synology-SA-18:60).
- Minor bug fixes.
https://archive.synology.com/download/D ... 2.2/24922/